Injectable Fillers: Juvederm
- Fillers restore volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles, folds, augment lips, or correct contour defects of aging
- They are available in a variety of densities which are intended for use in different parts of the face and at different depths beneath the skin
- The most popular fillers are made with hyaluronic acid (HA) which naturally exists in the body. HA holds water and helps the skin retain moisture and softness while adding volume.
- The most common areas treated are the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, cheeks, temples, jowls, and the hollows or tear troughs, underneath the lower eyelids
- Results from adding filler are temporary and can last 6-12+ months
- Juvederm products are Ultra XC and Ultra Plus XC for mild to moderate nasolabial folds and marionette lines, Vollure XC is used to correct moderate to severe facial creases, Voluma XC to lift and contour cheeks, and Volbella XC for lips an superficial lip lines
- The XC in each product refers to the addition of lidocaine for comfort
- The most common side effect is bruising or swelling at an injection site
- You will be able to see some improvement with one treatment but often additional filler may needed to get full correction or desired effect
- Anyone with an allergy to lidocaine is not a candidate for the Juvederm products mentioned.
Before & After Photos: