- Botox is onabotulinumtoxinA, manufactured by Allergan Inc., and is injected into targeted, active facial muscles to smooth, decrease or eliminate repeated creasing of the skin which causes wrinkles
- Product is supplied as 50 units or 100 units/vial
- Most common areas treated are the forehead, frown lines, crow’s feet, chin dimpling, and platysma bands
- Results are temporary. Initial treatments last approximately 3-4 months.
- Effects are seen between 6-12 days
- Contraindicated in pregnant or lactating women
- If you have taken aspirin, ibuprofen, supplemental Omega-3 or Vitamin E up to two weeks before treatment, you will have an increased risk of bruising at an injection site.
- Even if you have NOT taken these medications, there is always the possibility of bruising.
- If you are used to holding up your eyebrows as a way of lifting lids, treatment of the forehead may make your lids feel “heavy” because you can’t raise your brows. This will be discussed during evaluation.
- Do not massage areas treated with Botox as this can spread product to unwanted areas
Before & After Photos: