Chemical Peel Treatments
- Natural occurring acids such as salicylic, lactic, glycolic, TCA, and resorcinols are applied to the skin and cause the sloughing of the dull and damaged surface of skin
- Exfoliation by chemical peels help smooth fine lines, improve discoloration, clean and shrink pores, and expose fresher, brighter, glowing skin
- Peels should be paired with daily skin care and then repeated occasionally to accelerate and maintain improvements in complexion
- There are many versions and strengths of peel solutions and the treatment can be tailored to your goals and amount of downtime you can afford
- You MUST wear sunscreen after peel because your newly exposed layers of skin are more susceptible to burning.
- Peeling usually begins day 2-3 and can continue up to a week
- Do not schedule peel if you have a public event or occasion within 7-10 days.
- You may feel brief burning during application but this quickly subsides since solutions are self neutralizing
- Makeup does not look good while skin is flaking and peeling. Post care involves using moisturizers, and 1% hydrocortisone for itching