Injectable Fillers: Restylane
- Fillers restore volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles, folds, augment lips, or correct contour defects of aging
- They are available in a variety of densities which are intended for use in different parts of the face and at different depths beneath the skin
- The most popular fillers are made with hyaluronic acid (HA) which naturally exists in the body. HA holds water and helps the skin retain moisture and softness while adding volume.
- The most common areas treated are the nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lips, cheeks, temples, jowls, and the hollows or tear troughs, underneath the lower eyelids
- Results from adding filler are temporary and can last 6-12+ months
- Restylane products include Lyft for increasing volume to the cheeks, Silk to augment lips and correct the tissue deficiency of tear troughs, Restylane-L for mild to moderate wrinkles and folds, Defyne for moderate to severe creases and folds such as in the nasolabial area, and Refyne for moderate smile and laugh lines.
- Each of these Restylane products contains lidocaine for creating discomfort.
- The most common side effect is bruising or swelling at an injection site
- You will be able to see some improvement with one treatment but often additional filler may needed to get full correction or desired effect
- Anyone with an allergy to lidocaine is not a candidate for the Restylane products mentioned.